THIS IS SO FUCKING IMPORTANT!
black ballerina excellence
So gorgeous and elegant
Why is this important? i see a girl doing ballet, stop outlining difference, its important we just admire the skills, and afore mentioned ellegance
First of all shut the fuck up and have several seats
and heres why in Michaela’s own words what she had to go through beig BLACK and still goes through
When she was around 8 and rehearsing for The Nutcracker, just a few days before the performance she was told, “I’m sorry, you can’t do it. America’s not ready for a black girl ballerina.”
For Michaela, “to say this to an 8-year-old is just devastating. It was terrible.”
When she was 9, a teacher told her mother: “I don’t like to put money into black dancers because they grow up and end up having big boobs and big hips.”
The dancer looked down at her petite figure and protested, “I don’t have boobs. I don’t get it.”
Instead of getting her down, “It makes me more determined,” she said. “Because I’ve been through so much, I know now that I can make it and I can help other kids who have been in really bad situations realize that they can make it too.”
This is why it is important, for little Black girls to see a black ballerina made it despite being discriminated against because of her skin color!!!
RIP Trayvon Martin
gives me chills
He didn’t do a damn thing wrong
I’m gonna reblog this every time I see it because never forget.
"Don’t Tell Me To Smile: A No-Nonsense Guide to Street Harassment"
Otters are fucking weird. I want ten.
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people.
3:29 p.m. feel free to add to this! (via expresswithsilence)
I like this list. Nice reminder.
Let’s play another round of Who Has the Biggest Victim Complex?:
- A. neurotypical people
- B. white people
- C. straight people
- D. cis people
but what about men?
for once “but what about men” was a phenomenal addition to one of my posts and I applaud you
oh the misogyny is just dripping from this one. “not like other girls” “not a psychopath are you?” and i’m not even touching that scoring system BS…
This is what those assholes in PUA forums advise each other to send women on dating sites. Word for word. I have seen this given as an example.
(I’ve lurked in pua forums to laugh at and learn how to spot this crap. None of it is as clever as they think it is.)
THAT CAT LOOK SO HAPPY TO.
LIKE MOM YOU FOUND ME MOM
I love petting cats at the shelter and encourage anyone who it appeals to, please try it.